Saturday, July 28, 2012

San Francisco Bay Tour KRHV --> KSTS - Part 1

On Sunday 15th July I met up with three Twitter friends for the first time at KSTS (Charles M. Schulz - Sonoma County Airport).


Marc picked up a lovely C172SP from KHWD and picked me up at KRHV.

We then departed KRHV on our flight over to KSTS which is located north of the Bay Area. I acted as PiC with Marc taking care of the radio frequency changes.


Our route took us immediately through the Class Charlie airspace at San Jose International Airport. I have always enjoyed the radio work, but today I was working SJC Tower, NORCAL APP (3 freqs) in the first 15 minutes of the flight. Loved it!

I recorded the majority of the flight on my GoPro. The battery
died before I arrived at KSTS but I managed to capture the departure and transition through the charlie and bravo airspace.

The first video is the departure from KRHV and the transition through the Charlie airspace. 


Click link - GoPro YouTube video

N926ME C172SP
N926ME C172SP














Overhead KSJC 1500'

No comments:

Post a Comment